The Eagles Community Foundation is looking to fill a new position of Development Manager for its award-winning region-wide outreach programme.
To apply: Please complete the Eagles Community Foundation’s job application form and submit it to Susan Hunter, either via email to [email protected] or post to Susan Hunter, Chief Operating Officer, Eagles Community Foundation, Vertu Motors Arena, Scotswood Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7AF.DOWNLOAD JOB APPLICATION FORM
Closing date: 5pm Friday 3 September 2021
JOB TITLE: Development Manager
LOCATION: Vertu Motors Arena, Newcastle along with outreach venues across Northumberland, Tyne and Wear
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
TERM: Full time
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week, includes working in evenings, on weekends and public holidays as required.
RENUMERATION: Salary is subject to change, but anticipated £25,000 to £28,800, dependent on experience.
ABOUT THE EAGLES COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
The Eagles are based in Newcastle upon Tyne with a history of being trailblazers in UK basketball both on and off the court. The Eagles completed the construction of their new home; Vertu Motors Arena, a purpose build £7 million three court main hall along with a suite, rooms, gym and community fitness hub. The Arena is the home to Newcastle Eagles BBL and WBBL, youth academy, along with the outreach work and Newcastle College. The basketball outreach programme has a junior membership programme across all club sites and an outreach programme engaging with more than 25,000 young people per annum.
The Eagles Community Foundation are looking to recruit a new position to manage and drive the Foundations community programmes. The successful person will manage the existing community staffing which includes outreach work and basketball development specialists. In particular, the role will include but not exclusive to:
- Develop an “all-inclusive” outreach plan that tirelessly promotes Eagles Community Foundation utilising best practice methods at all levels.
- Oversee and deliver an effective grassroots program that encourages participation with particular focus on Foundation clubs, schools and the varying cultural groups within the geographical area.
- Maximise capacity within Foundation sessions whilst ensuring quality to all members.
- Develop the Eagles Nest membership programme and monitor usage to ensure smooth delivery across all outreach programmes
- Develop and supervise camps, skills development and other personal development program initiatives.
- Ensure all foundation activities and events are promoted and marketed through the correct channels and to the relevant target audience.
- Proactively recruit, develop and manage a team of officers, coaches, players, support staff and volunteers.
- Develop mentoring and support programs for the Foundation Outreach team.
- Organise regular “coach the coaches” sessions for current Foundation staff and aspiring coaches.
- Oversee the development and implement weekly training plans by key coaches.
- Develop and implement the elite player pathway programs including the management of the Newcastle Eagles Academy.
- Working alongside key Foundation colleagues ensure a comprehensive press and media campaign to highlight the outreach work both regionally and nationally.
- Work alongside Newcastle Eagles WBBL & BBL Head Coaches to keep abreast of coaching advancements and enrich, where possible, all Eagles programs.
- Oversee and develop junior Eagles competitions and drive change where necessary to ensure maximum opportunities for all.
- Be identified as the official Foundation basketball spokesperson for all youth basketball related matters.
- Sustain a high-level empathetic approach in dealing with all matters.
- Establish close relationships with parents and be the main arbiter, where possible, in dealing with any conflicts or issues.
- Be available at key times including weeknight and weekends.
- Have a clear understanding of Safeguarding and Protecting children and vulnerable adults policy and procedures.
- Drive, develop, build the basketball programme forwards striving to maximise capacity.
- Player pathway development.
- Work to targets.
- Lead and inspire a team to achieve targets.
- Deliver a strategic schools programme to increase weekly participation basketball membership within the Eagles club structure.
- Manage the Eagles junior central venue league.
- Manage sales and targets for all outreach programmes.
- Budgets; manage income and expenditure of the outreach programme.
- Work with funders to deliver key outcomes.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & SKILLS:
- Ability to inspire, motivate and encourage young people through sport.
- Have knowledge of the sporting landscape.
- The ability to motivate a team and be a team player.
- Knowledge and experience of working with volunteers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Have confident presentation skills.
- Work with people from all backgrounds.
- Excellent time management.
- Positive, ambitious and enthusiastic.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience of achieving targets with limited resources and tight timescales.
- Ability to react positively to change.
COMPUTER/SOFTWARE SKILLS: Above average competencies in Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms and sport specific softwares.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATES:: Drivers licence is essential
QUALIFICATION/EDUCATION: Educated to degree level or equivalent
Working with Children Workplace Health and Safety, employees are responsible and accountable for compliance with workplace policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be asked to apply for a criminal disclosure check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). A conviction (spent or unspent) may not exclude candidates from this position but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
NB: This is not intended to be a full definition of duties and staff will be expected to assist in such other duties as may be allocated. This job description is subject to variation as the needs of the Company may require.
For further information please contact the foundation on 0191 2453881 or email [email protected]