Newcastle Eagles and the Vertu Motors Arena are excited for the return of spectators this season and we are striving to ensure both fan and player safety following the Government’s removal of the legal COVID-19 restrictions and strict guidance around events and sports.
Alongside the leagues and our fellow BBL and WBBL clubs, we are committed to safeguarding the well-being of the basketball community.
Therefore, as we enter the 2021-22 season and welcome fans back to games we politely request all ticket holder to read and agree to follow our spectators code of conduct.
SPECTATORS CODE OF CONDUCT
ATTENDING THE ARENA
- If you have developed COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days of the event (or you should be self-isolating for any other reason) then you must not attend the arena, refunds will be given if evidence of a positive COVID-19 test is provided.
- As a club and venue we encourage fans to get two COVID-19 vaccinations to attend our events.
- Ticket holders are also encouraged to carry out lateral flow test before attending the venue, even if they do not have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Test kits are free and available from the NHS or your local pharmacy to find out more information visit nhs.uk
- If you develop COVID- 19 symptoms whilst at the arena, please notify the nearest member of staff immediately.
- Ticket scanning will be performed on entry, which may be used for NHS Test and Trace purposes. Attendees can also scan the NHS QR code using the COVID-19 Test and Trace app on arrival and this poster can be on the front doors of the arena.
CONTACTLESS AND CASHLESS
- Be aware the venue is currently contactless and cashless for the safety of both our spectators and staff.
- We encourage all spectators to wear a suitable face covering from arrival to the venue, queuing to enter and inside the arena, including both moving around and whilst seated, unless:
- under 11 years of age
- when consuming food and drink at your seat
- medically exempt
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the points of entry, toilets and in the food and drinks areas of the arena for your use.
- Spectators are advised to wash their hands for 20 seconds or more when using the toilet facilities.
FOOD & DRINKS AREAS
- We have added more bars to the arena to reduce congestion and these are all sign-posted to help you find them.
- We politely request that food and drinks is only to be consumed by spectators whilst they are sitting at their designated seat.
- The wearing of face coverings is encourage for anyone moving to, inside and back to seats from the food and drinks bar areas, unless medically exempt.
- To reduce congestion around the venue we ask that only one member of each booking group attend the cafe or bar areas at any one time and obey the instructions of staff and stewards at all times.
- All payments inside the arena will be contactless and cash payments will not be accepted.
- Please be aware that to adhere to the latest BBL and WBBL Secure Play rules, all players, coaching staff and officials will remain in a separate “zone” of the venue from spectators and as a result no autographs or photographic opportunities will not be possible for the time being.
EXITING THE ARENA
- Exit the arena as directed by staff and stewards.
Please make sure all the other guests in your booking group have read and understood this information and code of conduct.
The code of conduct is under constant review and any changes will be shared by email to ticket holders, on social media and on our website as we move forwards through the season.
Thank you for your support and co-operation in helping us keep all our Eagles family safe in these early stages of the return of crowds to the venue.
We are looking forward to welcoming our fans back to the Vertu Motors Arena.