Central Venue League – Under 12s Division
Our Under 12’s division consists of 37 teams, In 3 divisions (fixtures below) from our 13 ECF clubs. (Click on club name to view their Facebook page)
- Cardinal Hornets
- Whickham Royals
- Ryton Rockets
- Newcastle East Griffins
- Tyne Met Tigers
- South Tyneside Basketball Club
- North Shields Basketball Club
- Cramlington Vikings
- Ponteland Panthers
Visit our ECF Club SHOP to purchase your kits and club merchandise.
Under 12’s Rules
- Each game will consist of two 16-minute periods, running clock with 1 centralised clock for all. Half time will be no more than 1 minute.
- Each game will be preceded by a warm-up of a minimum of 1-minute and a maximum of 3 minutes, to be determined by the CVL officer present.
- Free throws will be awarded on the 7th team foul in each half, all team fouls thereafter until the end of the half.
- Foul shots awarded can be shot from up to 3 feet closer than the usual foul line at the players discretion. There will be no foul line violations.
- Foul Shots will have no line up. After the final foul shot the ball will be a dead ball and will need to be taken from the base line.
- In Group A full court defence can be played up to a point where the team playing that defence reaches a 10-point lead.
- In Group B & C teams must retreat to the half court after a made basket or any in-bounds in a teams own half of the court.
- Any player who reaches five personal fouls will be disqualified from the game.
- Any player who obtains either two technical fouls, two unsportsmanlike fouls or one of each will be disqualified from the game.
- In the regular season tied games are possible.
- In Group A full court defence can be played after a made basket up to a point where the team playing that defence reaches a 10 a point lead. Zone defence is not permitted
- No timeouts throughout the game.
Click link for Fixtures