Central Venue League – Under 12s Division
Our Under 12’s division consists of 32 teams, In 3 divisions (fixtures below) from 13 different clubs. (Click on club name to view their Facebook page)
- Cardinal Hornets
- Whickham Royals
- Ryton Rockets
- Newcastle East Griffins
- Tyne Met Tigers
- South Tyneside Basketball Club
- North Shields Basketball Club
- Cramlington Vikings
- Ponteland Panthers
Visit our ECF Club SHOP to purchase your kits and club merchandise.
Under 12’s Rules
1. Each game will consist of two 16 minute periods, running clock. Half time will be no more than 1 minutes.
2. Each game will be preceded by a warm-up of a minimum of 1 minutes and a maximum of 3 minutes, to be determined by the CVL officer present.
3. Each team will have one timeout in each half and one timeout which can be used in the last minute of the game. Using a timeout in the last two minutes of the game will allow the ball to be advanced.
4. The clock will be stopped only for timeouts and dead balls within the last 60 seconds of each period.
5. Free throws will be awarded on the 7th team foul in each half, and all team fouls thereafter until the end of the half.
6. Foul shots awarded can be shot from up to 3 feet closer than the usual foul line at the players discretion. There will be no foul line violations.
7. In Group A full court defence can be played up to a point where the team playing that defence reaches a 10 point lead.
8. In Group B & C teams must retreat to the half court after a made basket or any in-bounds in a teams own half of the court.
9. Any player who reaches five personal fouls will be disqualified from the game.
10. Any player who obtains either two technical fouls, two unsportsmanlike fouls or one of each will be disqualified from the game.
11. In the regular season tied games are possible.
12. In Group A full court defence can be played after a made basket up to a point where the team playing that defence reaches a 10
13. point lead. Zone defence is not permitted
Click link for Fixtures