Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
In securing tickets, whether through a purchase or free of charge, as well as purchasing any other items either from the box office or shop and using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which take effect immediately on your first checkout or use of the site.
When making a box office or shop purchase you will, in addition, be subject to the “conditions of sale” current conditions of sale that apply to all such purchases.
“Event Ticket(s)” in any form of ticket for admission to an event at the Vertu Motors Arena (“the Arena”), including single event tickets, passes or season tickets secured through the box office.
Specifically relating to tickets for events you are subject to both the “conditions of issue” and the “conditions of entry”. You will be asked to confirm your agreement to these conditions of sale prior to checkout when securing tickets.
The Eagles reserve the right to refuse admission to the Arena or eject anyone who fails to comply with any of these terms.
When you checkout you are agreeing to buy Event Tickets or other any items at the price stated in accordance with the terms and conditions which, if the purchase is accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. It is therefore important that you read and accept the terms and conditions before you checkout.
Once you have completed your purchase, you will be asked to confirm that it is correct. If it is not, you can amend or cancel the order before submitting it. It is your responsibility to ensure it is correct before submission.
We will send a confirmation email on receipt of your order. This is an acknowledgement that we have received the order, and that our box office or shop are processing it. The contract between us will not be formed until we accept the purchase and dispatch the Event Tickets or shop items via the delivery method requested in your order.
Whilst we try to ensure that pricing and all information on our website is correct at all times, errors may occasionally occur. If we discover an error in the price or nature of the Event Ticket or items you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible, and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price/specification or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will unfortunately have to treat the order as cancelled. If the order is cancelled, we will of course provide you with a full refund.
By purchasing, accepting or holding an Event Ticket and using it to gain access to the Arena you accept and agree to both be bound by and to comply with our entry conditions, as well as bring them to the attention of others as required.
Event Ticket holders can entry the Arena and occupy the seat indicated (unless general admission ticketing) on their Event Ticket or such other alternative seat of equivalent or greater value as the Eagles may allocate to you. Holders have no entitlement to occupy the seat indicated on any subsequent game or season.
Event Tickets remain the property of the Eagles at all times and must be produced if required to do so by any official, steward, employee of the event attended in addition to any member of the Eagles staff or any police officer. The Eagles reserve the right to require the immediate return of the Event Ticket at any time.
Any Event Ticket obtained or used in breach of these conditions of issue or conditions of entry shall be voided.
Event Ticket holders must not distribute or display any sponsorship or promotional materials in the Arena without written permission from the Eagles.
The Eagles reserve the right to take any legal or disciplinary action against any person(s) as it sees fit in connection with matters relating to the voiding of tickets, refusal of entry or ejection of that person from the Arena.
Changes to Events, Refunds & Exchanges
From time to time it may be necessary for an event date or timings to change and as such Event Tickets issued will remain valid for the rescheduled date. Where the opposition for a game changes the ticket will be valid for the original game date and not the new fixtures for that visiting team. Notice of such changes will be publicised on this website, on at least one of the Eagles’ social media channels and via email to existing Event Ticket holders.
In the event of the rescheduling, postponement or abandonment of an event further details will be posted on this website.
The Eagles have no liability whatsoever, including but not limited to any indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of enjoyment or travel/accommodation costs due to changes to events.
In order to obtain a refund, the Event Ticket must be returned to the Arena box office no later than 72 hours before the commencement of the event. A refund will only be issued to the person who purchased the Event Ticket originally. For the avoidance of doubt, the final decision belongs to the box office manager on the day.
Please note that any administration, fulfillment or service charge fees that may be applied to tickets in your order or the order as a whole, as well as any delivery fees after shipping, are non-refundable.
Lost or Stolen Event Tickets
To gain admission to an event at the Arena you must present a valid Event Ticket which will be checked at the entry point, electronically or otherwise. The Eagles is not be obliged to issue any replacement for a lost, stolen or destroyed Event Tickets.
Voiding and Withdrawal of Event Tickets
The Eagles reserves the right to void and withdraw Event Ticket issued in the case of a serious breach of these terms and in addition if the holder performs any of the following actions:
- smoking on the Arena’s property outside of designated smoking areas
- being (or appearing to be) drunk or intoxicated
- persistent standing in seated areas of the Arena restricting another Event Ticket holder’s view
- the possession of a banner or flag that bears material or slogans that are offensive, obscene, abusive or racist
- the throwing of any object within the Arena that may cause injury or damage to people or property without lawful authority or excuse
- the use of foul, obscene, abusive and/or racist language and/or gestures; the chanting of anything of an indecent or racist nature; fighting, or engaging in and/or inciting violence
- bringing any of the following into the Arena or using them on the property: illegal drugs; other illegal substances; fireworks; firecrackers; smoke canisters; air horns; flares; laser devices; bottles; glass vessels or any item that might be used as a weapon or compromise public safety
- entering the playing or performance area or any adjacent areas to which spectators are not generally admitted without lawful authority or excuse
- the supply of any misleading or incorrect information in any application for an Event Ticket
- any failure to pay or default of payment in respect of any sums owing to the Eagles or any third party event organiser
The Eagles may conduct security searches where it is has reason to believe that any of the breaches set above has either occurred or may occur.
If an Event Ticket holder is not 16 years old or over then his or her parent(s) or guardian(s) are responsible for that young person’s actions, conduct and compliance with these terms of issue and entry.
The Eagles hereby excludes any liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property in or around the Arena except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from negligence of the Eagles or any other liability of the Eagles which cannot be excluded under applicable laws.
Images, Audio and Video Recordings
Mobile phones and other mobile devices are permitted within the Arena provided that they are used for personal/private use only and not for any commercial purposes. Nothing captured or recorded may be published for commercial gain.
All images and recordings taken inside the Arena, including CCTV, remain the copyright and property of the Eagles. All Event Ticket holders who enter the Arena acknowledge that images, audio and visual recordings may be taken of them and that these can be used by the Eagles or licensed to its partners without limitation.
All Event Ticket holders agree that the event for which tickets have been purchased are public, and that their appearance and actions inside and in the Arena are public in nature, and that they shall have no expectation of privacy with regard to their actions or conduct.
Use of the website
In consideration of The Eagles granting you access to the pages of the site, you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions of use.
You must not attempt to interfere with the services we provide, or try to gain unauthorised access to other sites, computers or networks connected to or via the site.
You agree not to use the website:
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the website;
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the website to any third party except where expressly permitted by the website;
- in such a way that might infringe third party rights or that might bring the Eagles and/or the game of basketball into disrepute;
- to post offensive comments
Right to Remove and Restrict Access
The Eagles and/or the authorised administrator shall have the right to refuse to allow you access to any part of the website at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice.
Site availability and Information on the Site
We cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted access to the website at all times due to certain technical matters which may be beyond our control.
The information on the website has been included in good faith for general informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon for any specific purpose and no representation or warranty is given as to its accuracy or completeness save where the information provided forms the basis of a specific contract with you.
Any links provided on the site are for your convenience. We do not endorse or take responsibility for the content of those websites, are not responsible for the availability of the websites and will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites. If you decide to access linked websites you do so at your own risk and we encourage you to read the privacy statements applicable to each specific site.
By using our Eagles Free Public WiFi you acknowledge, agree and accept the following:
You use this service at your own risk and accept the security, privacy and confidentiality risks inherent with the Internet.
Eagles Community Arena, our WiFi system provider and connectivity suppliers shall not be liable for any damages as either a direct or indirect use of this service.
Use of this WiFi is subject to restrictions outlined below and if abnormal, illegal or unauthorized behaviour is detected, including heavy consumption of bandwidth, we reserve the right to permanently disconnect the offending device from the network and where appropriate report the user to the authorities.
Examples of Illegal Uses
The following are representative examples only and do not comprise a comprehensive list of illegal uses:
- Spamming and invasion of privacy – Sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet using the Service or using the Service for activities that invade another’s privacy.
- Intellectual property right violations – Engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary right of any third party.
- Accessing illegally or without authorization computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate/circumvent security measures of another system. This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity.
- The transfer of technology, software, or other materials in violation of applicable export laws and regulations.
- Export Control Violations
- Using the Service in violation of applicable law and regulation, including, but not limited to, advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards, pirating software, or making fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services.
- Uttering threats;
- Distribution of pornographic materials to minors;
- and Child pornography.
Examples of Unacceptable Uses
The following are representative examples only and do not comprise a comprehensive list of unacceptable uses:
- High bandwidth operations, such as large file transfers and media sharing with peer-to-peer programs (i.e.torrents)
- Obscene or indecent speech or materials
- Defamatory or abusive language
- Using the Service to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
- Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message.
- Distribution of Internet viruses, Trojan horses, or other destructive activities
- Distributing information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan horses, pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, or denial of service attacks. Also, activities that disrupt the use of or interfere with the ability of others to effectively use the node or any connected network, system, service, or equipment.
- The sale, transfer, or rental of the Service to customers, clients or other third parties, either directly or as part of a service or product created for resale.
- Seeking information on passwords or data belonging to another user.
- Making unauthorized copies of proprietary software, or offering unauthorized copies of proprietary software to others.
- Intercepting or examining the content of messages, files or communications in transit on a data network.
Users must not use the Nest Cloud for any illegal or unauthorised purposes. All users must agree to comply with the laws of the United Kingdom regarding online conduct and copyright.
Sharing of files beyond the intended users who have been given access is strictly prohibited.
Any violations will result in immediate action by the Newcastle Eagles and Eagles Community Foundation.
Files are stored by users at their own risk, users understand that files uploaded are not private, they may be displayed for others to view, and users understand and agree to accept all responsibility for the content of files they upload. Users also accept to download files at their own risk.
We reserve the right to modify or delete files for any reason, without notice at any time.
Files will be deleted and appropriate action will be taken against users who upload files with unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable content or anything which violates any party’s intellectual property.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law all warranties (express or implied) in respect of the site and the content of and your use of the same are excluded. Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any wilful act, to the fullest extent permitted by law we exclude all liability to you in respect of your use of the site. The conditions of sale will apply to products and services purchased and ordered via the site. These will be drawn to your attention where applicable.
Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the site is free from viruses, no warranties are given that it is free from viruses and users are responsible for ensuring that they have installed adequate virus checking software. The Eagles shall not be liable for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of the site or any hardware on which it is hosted.
These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted all variations if you continue to use the site after a variation has been posted.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. This site is operated by Newcastle Eagles Basketball Limited (registered number 3041174) and the Eagles Community Foundation (registered charity in England number 1112997) whose registered addresses are at the Vertu Motors Arena (formerly Eagles Community Arena), Scotswood Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 7AF.
Copyright and Trade Marks
The Eagles’ site, its design, text, graphics, illustrations and images are (unless otherwise stated) copyright of Newcastle Eagles Basketball Limited, the Eagles Community Foundation, its Licensors or the relevant contributor. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, adapt or otherwise use any copyright material in any way except for your own personal non-commercial use.
All brand, product and service names used in the site are (unless otherwise stated) the trade marks, trade names or service marks of the Eagles or the parties to whom they refer.
You may not distribute products or offer services under or by reference to or otherwise use or reproduce any such trade marks, trade names or service marks without the prior written permission of the Eagles or the owner of such trade marks, trade names or service marks.
If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions please do not access and/or use the site.